Your donation will be used to:
- Fund BIPOC-led birth centers across the country who are responding to urgent community needs and building local birthing infrastructure and capacity.
- Support innovations in access to capital that ensures the financial strength and sustainability of community birth centers across the country.
- Deepen and expand community birth center leadership for the health and wellness of all communities.
To date, BCE has:
- Distributed $100,000 directly to 15 BIPOC-led community birth centers through our COVID Rapid Response Fund. These funds had immediate impact, supporting at-home perinatal care kits, virtual perinatal education, conversion of exam rooms to birth suites, and a portable fetal monitor that allowed a midwife to attend a birth in a homeless shelter.
- Distributed $250,000 to 25 BIPOC-led community birth centers to support general operations, infrastructure development, and Giving Tuesday match campaigns.
- Gathered together a vibrant network of BIPOC-led community birth center leaders who are strengthening their collective leadership and self-determination to access resources at scale to care for families in their communities.